Sunday, April 5, 2015

Foot-Watching

Sometimes when I dance, I stare at my feet. And I'm so worried I'll miss a step, I miss everything.

Yesterday, Passover service, a big circle dancing around the chairs, an old lady holding my hand to drag me through, I looked up. And there were all these people, and they were making mistakes, and they were laughing, and they were trying again. They were okay.

And I'm like, this is my life. I'm so busy staring at my feet, staring at my to-do's and to-don'ts, watching my mistakes and hounding my success, that I don't see I'm dancing with this big, beautiful group. We laugh and we love and we goof up, and it's okay. I feel alone so much. But we're doing this together.

Next time you're watching your feet, look up. You're not dancing with your feet. You're dancing with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment